Our endorsed candidates won BIG in the primaries. As of August 11th, 25/26 of our candidates are moving on to the general election (full list below)!! As a testament to how our votes make a difference, Senate endorsee Satwinder Kaur (Legislative District 47) is neck and neck with Democrat Claudia Kauffman, so we’ll have to wait until all ballots are counted to determine who will move forward in that race.
It’s great to see so many pro-immigrant champions heading to the general election, but the fight doesn’t end here. Building our thriving home here in Washington – a state where immigrants and refugees are equal, valued and loved – requires lifting these candidates to RISE and WIN.
RACES TO WATCH
The stakes are high. We’ve made so much progress in the last 10 years, electing record numbers of pro-immigrant leaders of color to local, state and federal elected office
s. But right now, we’re at risk of losing our pro-immigrant majority in the state legislature and in Congress – leading to deep and lasting harm. This means we have GET OUT THE VOTE and make sure our communities are making their voices heard at the ballot box.
The power is in our hands to vote out the people who want to block change OR elect leaders who’ll create a new way forward. It’s time for us to elect a larger majority of pro-immigrant champions at all levels of government to get our priorities over the finish line.
We’ll be keeping a close watch on the following races (and will have opportunities to get out the vote in some of these communities, so keep a lookout!):
- Legislative District 47 Senate: Still undecided with our endorsed candidate Satwinder Kaur neck in neck with another Democratic challenger. This race will be a top priority to ensure Republicans do not flip this seat back.
- Legislative District 47 House Position 2: We successfully fended off a Republican taking this seat and will advance to the general with two amazing BIPOC leaders vying for the seat: Chris Stearns and Shukri Olow.
- Legislative District 30 House Positions 1 & 2: Our endorsed candidates fared well in the primaries, but we need to ensure we retain both seats.
- Congressional District 8: We must re-elect Kim Schrier, retain this congressional seat and not let it flip republican!
TAKE ACTION WITH US ON SEPTEMBER 10TH
OneAmerica Votes is serious about holding our elected leaders accountable once elected. That’s why we will be coming together with our slate of endorsed candidates on September 10th for a Public Meeting to build our collective power and demand our representatives support our vision of a thriving home for immigrants and refugees in Washington State. You won’t want to miss it!
More details to come soon. This event will be in-person in South King County.
ONEAMERICA VOTES CANDIDATES HEADED TO THE GENERAL
Congratulations to all of our endorsed candidates heading to the general!
- 26th LD Senate Emily Randall
- 27th LD Senate Yasmin Trudeau
- 30th LD Senate Claire Wilson
- 34th LD Senate Joe Ngyuen
- 37th LD Senate Rebecca Saldana
- 45th LD Senate Manka Dhingra
- 46th LD Senate Javier Valdez
- 21st LD House Pos 1 Lillian Ortiz-Self
- 29th LD House Pos 1 Melanie Morgan
- 29th LD House Pos 2 Sharlett Mena
- 30th LD House Pos 1 Jamila Taylor
- 30th LD House Pos 2 Kristine Reeves
- 32nd LD House Pos 2 Cindy Ryu
- 33rd LD House Pos 1 Tina Orwall
- 33rd LD House Pos 2 Mia Gregerson
- 34th LD House Pos 1 Emily Alvardao
- 37th LD House Pos 1 Sharon Tomiko Santos
- 40th LD House Pos 1 Debra Lekanoff
- 41st LD House Pos 2 My-Linh Thai
- 44th LD House Pos 1 Brandy Donaghy
- 44th LD House Pos 2 April Berg
- 47th LD House Pos 1 Shukri Olow
- 47th LD House Pos 1 – Chris Stearns
- 48th LD House Pos 1 – Vandana Slatter
- 7th CD House Pramila Jayapal